How I'm working on my Rapunzel locks!
Updated: Apr 22
I have dreamed of having long #rapunzelhair for years! But every time I start journeying towards that goal, I get impatient and just chop it all off. Annnnd instantly regret it. Well, this time is different! I'm preparing for my wedding day and I want MY hair to be long, strong, and beautiful.
After trying everything under the sun, I have finally found a regimen that works for me! I have now come to realize that, just like with diet and exercise, what works for one person may not work for everyone. So if you take something from my suggestions, great! But everyone is different. Here is my little potion that has lead to some MAJOR results!
1. Collagen! I know people talk about it all the time, but this was a GAME CHANGER for me. I have been taking it for about 3 years now. I like to use unflavored College peptides in my morning tea or smoothie everyday. This has made a huge difference in my skin/hair health AND my gut! I swear by Vital Proteins
2. Hydration. Now this is just as good for your skin/bod/energy as it is for your hair. Hydration seems to be key to most of life's problems! I try to always have a water bottle with me wherever I go and am constantly sippin! I keep a water bottle with a straw at my desk. For some reason, this seems to help me get in more water daily than a regular water bottle. My goal is to drink at least half my body weight in ounces everyday! Thanks to Tone it Up for that little tid bit! When I am dehydrated my hair and skin look dull. I notice a huge difference. So I'm drinking up!
3. Vitamins and Supplements. If you are looking for help along the way, outside of your diet, supplements can be a great. But find the one that works best for you! I have tried many biotin supplements and always found that they caused major breakouts. That was not something I was willing to just look past, so I had given up. UNTIL I found Super Hair! Moon Juice is a brand I have been using for months now and I was so excited when they came out with their newest supplement! They took into account people with biotin sensitivities (praise the lord) and kept it at a low MCG count. Most people have issues with Biotin when the MCG count is super high. I gave it a try and man am I glad that I did! This has been THE game changer in my hair growth journey. Since I started taking Super Hair every morning since late May, my hair has grown 2 inches! This is HUGE for me! Especially since my hair seemed to be stuck at the same length for the last two years. And just to add to the gloriousness that is Super Hair, it is also a multivitamin that helps to manage stress! It is worth every penny.
4. Staying away from heat. Now this one can be tough! Luckily, it's summer, which makes it easier to get away with beachy waves and top knots. Two styles that can be done without any heat! I have grown to love a low pony this season. Sleek enough to look put together for work but requires no heat to style! Staying away from heat tools has definitely made a noticeable difference in my hair. Less breakage and I have found that my hair stays grease free longer. Who woulda thunk? I have only been using my curling iron on days I have auditions or special events and this has been key. It has also made me get creative with heat free hairstyles! Some tutorials to come soon.
5. Bedtime routine. Getting plenty of sleep is a must to keep your body running well! It's just as important as your fitness and nutrition. On top of the sleep itself, your sleep environment can really affect your hair! I now sleep on satin pillowcases and go to sleep with my hair tied up in a velvet scrunchie. I ordered these pillowcases from amazon and I love them! This helps to prevent breakage while you move and groove in your sleep.
6. A balanced diet. Nutrition is always important, but poor diet choices are reflected in the hair and skin. I notice when my nutrition is wonky, my hair is dull and brittle. All the more inspiration to keep my diet clean!
Now we have about 2 more months to go until the big day! I am confident that my hair will be strong and plenty long by that time! I'll keep you all posted. Let me know if you try any of these and how they work for you!